The sensors of the SCATEC-family were specifically developed for non-contact counting of printed matter in a lap stream. In terms of performance, the new SCATEC-10 is a major contribution to the SCATEC-family, a family with more than 10 years of unrivaled excellence in industrial applications. The SCATEC-10 is a complete redesign of the SCATEC-1. The keypad with an LCD-display and an additional connector not only changed the appearance but profoundly increased the range of potential applications. The keypad, together with the display, allows the customization and retrieval of all relevant parameters, and the additional connector allows the sensor to be connected to a computer for remote parameter setting. Only the sensitivity of 0,1 mm and the counting rate of up to 1,5 million copies per hour remain the same as with the SCATEC-1.
- Fast and easy to mount Fast initial startup due to easy mounting without mechanical adjustment and a preset sensor function.
- Highly accurate counting The highly accurate counting provided as a preset may be further optimized for your production conditions via the available programming options. This results in perfectly optimized, reliable copy counts, even in cases of multi-color and high gloss media.
- Easy, flexible settings An optimized parameter setting can be achieved either by means of the on – board LCD and 4 programming buttons or by using the ScaDiag programming software.
- Remote control All functions can be controlled via a remote programming interface.
- Fast error diagnostic If you ever suspect an error, the ScaDiag diagnosis software can help pinpoint the source, saving significant time, effort and money usually wasted in traditional troubleshooting.
The sensor should be mounted parallel to the conveyor at a distance of 70 mm. The edge of a sheet or of a newspaper moving through the laser beam is counted if the edge is facing the laser beam. Thanks to the laser line, small cracks or wrinkles do not create false counts.
Multiple pulse suppression: A dead-time function eliminates false counts as a result of multiple edges. For example: a notch of a leaflet or bent edges. Depending on the program option, the duration of the dead- time can be adjusted or it is automatically adapted to the actual shingle stream.
- Dynamic dead-time detection (standard setting). The deadtime is equivalent to a percentage of the mean distance between copies.
- A static dead-time can be set in millisecond increments.
- Dead-gaps in mm: Ideal in applications where conveyor speed is irregular or frequent stops and starts occur. In this case the sensor has to be connected to an encoder.
- No false counts due to wrinkled trailing edges.
They will be efficiently suppressed using a delayed pulse output instead of a direct output. Additionally, a flexible diagnosis and parameter setting software called ScaDiag is available. Using this software, the sensor can be controlled via USB or RS232 interface. Furthermore ScaDiag allows remote access to the counter value (totalizer), sensor information and error codes. A graphic diagram of the signal characteristics helps analyzing critical applications
Specification: Baumer Electric Laser “Copy Counter” — SCATEC-10
|Range:||0…90 mm below the sensor||Sensitivity||single sheet detection down to 0,1 mm (90 g/m2)* is possible in the range of 68 – 72 mm below the sensor (* test object: neatly cut, matte white paper)|
|Color insensitivity:||multi-colored objects like magazines and other printed objects with a color range from black to shiny white are recognized, even if the bright / dark transitions are near to the edge||Integrated copy counter:||0 to 99,999,999 indicated on the display|
|Counting rate:||max. 1,5 million copies/h||Object speed:||0 to 2 m/s with edge thickness 0,2 mm0 to 1 m/s with edge thickness 0,1 mm|
|Distance between objects:||min. 1 mm (for single sheets)||Stream condition:||folded or cut edges leading|
|Double pulse suppression:||via microprocessor, 3 program options||Light source:||laserdiode 670 nm, visible red, mean output power < 1 mW, laser class 2|
|Size of laser spot:||laser line, 5 mm long||Interface:||USB or RS232 for programming and for the diagnostic software ScaDiag|
|Operating voltage:||10 – 30 V (limiting values)||Current load:||< 150 mA|
|Output:||push – pull output (FLDM 170G1011/S42)opto-isolated open collector (FLDM 170C1011/S42)||Output pulse duration:||selectable 0,3…500 ms, standard 10 ms|
|Input for encoder:||opto-isolatec; A-channel, alternatively A/B channel adjustable||Connector output:||1x DIN 45322, 6 pin, for sensor operation, connector is supplied (part number 104236)1x DIN 45322, 8 pin, interfaces|
|Housing dimensions:||170x70x30 mm||Housing material:||die-cast zinc|
|Weight:||approx. 700 g||Temperature range:||0…+50 °C (non-condensing)|
|Protection class:||IP 54||Recommended mounting:||parallel, 70 mm above them|